Episode 46: Better Nuclear Fuel
The TRISO Particle
Are materials the solution to better, safer nuclear fuels? The tri-structural isotropic (TRISO) fuel particle is the product of a variety of materials innovations and is the most promising fuel form to date. Find out all about it in this episode where we cover the challenges and intricacies of designing materials for nuclear reactors!
- 2015 CRUD: Another Acronym Bites the Dust Link
- 2010 Materials challenges for nuclear systems Link
- 2019 Historical perspectives and current progress Link
- 2015 Coated Particle Fuels for High-Temperature Reactors Link
- 2021 Current State and Prospect on the Development of Advanced Nuclear Fuel Link
This episode is sponsored by Matmatch. Check out how they can help you find the perfect material for your next engineering project! This episode is also sponsored by Materials Today, an Elsevier community dedicated to the creation and sharing of materials science knowledge and experience through their peer-reviewed journals, academic conferences, educational webinars, and more. Thanks to Kolobyte and Alphabot for letting us use their music in the show!
Keywords: Nuclear Fuel TRISO Fusion Fission Reactor
Support Materialism: A Materials Science Podcast by contributing to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/materialism